About the BID
Located within an historic district in the heart of Manhattan's Upper West Side, the Columbus Avenue Business Improvement District (BID), a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization, is a vibrant and varied shopping and dining area, attracting international visitors, as well as locals, on a daily basis. Bounded by West 67th Street to the south and West 82nd Street to the north, this charming stretch of century-old buildings provides a continuous ribbon of cutting edge, up-to-the-minute retail establishments and fine restaurants, featuring a wide variety of cuisines.
The area is home to the American Museum of Natural History, one of the most innovative natural history museums in the world, featuring the spectacular new Rose Center for Earth and Space at the Hayden Planetarium. Just steps from the BID, one finds Lincoln Center, home of the Metropolitan Opera, New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, and the New York Philharmonic. The neighborhood provides plentiful world-class cultural institutions, entertainment, shopping, dining, and a variety of services.
New York City is known as a great walking city, and Columbus Avenue, lined with its unique shops and picturesque outdoor cafes, is one of the city's most popular destinations for strollers and celebrity-watchers.
Demographics and Transit Count
Brief Summary of the Columbus Avenue BID's Programs and Services
|Sanitation workers seven days a week, including repainting of street furniture, cleaning graffiti, etc.|
|Our Map and Guide to Columbus Avenue is updated annually and available to merchants. It is also distributed to NYC & Company, local hotels, etc.|
|Greening efforts through beautification streetscape projects.|
BID Annual Report & Financials
Board of Directors
- Executive Board Members:
- Douglas Griebel, Chairman
- Rosa Mexicano Restaurants
- Joseph O. Brusco, President
- Brusco Group
- Dan Rozenblatt, Treasurer
- E & C Management
- Chris Doeblin, Vice President
- Book Culture
- Rafe Evans, Vice President
- Walker Malloy & Co.
- Huntley Gil, Vice President
- Guardia Architects
- Nora Lavori, Vice President
- Orleans Realty
- Dan Slippen, Vice President
- American Museum of Natural History
- Full Board Members:
- John Bradley
- Bradley McLaughlin Corp.
- Alexander Brodsky
- The Brodsky Org.
- Brett Cluen
- Marbrose Realty
- Walter Czolacz
- Hartford Realty Co.
- Randy Garutti (Jason Daniels, designee)
- Union Sq. Hospitality Group; CEO, Shake Shack
- Michael Goldenberg
- Halstead Property Co.
- Greg Hunt
- Cafe Tallulah
- Timothy Quinlan
- Quinlan Development Group
- Glen Siegel
- Belvedere Capital Corp.
- Bernie Weiser
- 67 Wine
- Philip Widlanski
- Aywid Realty
- Albert Wu
- 246 Columbus Avenue
- Scott Zecher (for Lloyd Goldman)
- BLDG Management Co. Inc.
- Non-voting Members:
- Elizabeth Caputo
- Community Board Representative
- Roberta Semer
- Chair, Community Board 7
- Ex-Officio Members
- Hon. Bill de Blasio (Emily Edwards, rep.)
- Mayor of the City of New York
- Hon. Scott Stringer (Michael Stinson, rep.)
- NYC Comptroller
- Hon. Gale Brewer (Diana Howard, rep.)
- Manhattan Borough President
- Hon. Helen Rosenthal (Ned Terrace, rep.)
- NYC City Council Member
- Robert C. Quinlan, Founding Chairman
- Quinlan Development Group, LLC
- Barbara Adler, Executive Director
- Nicole Paynter, Assistant Director of Marketing, Communications & Community Engagement
Columbus Avenue BID
180 W.80th St., Suite 210 New York, NY 10024
Telephone: (212) 877-2678
Fax: (212) 721-4070
Sanitation Services for the Columbus Avenue BID are provided by Streetplus (Atlantic Maintenance). Please visit their website at www.streetplus.net.
Other Business Improvement Districts in New York City
Other Useful Links
The Government of New York City - www.nyc.gov
Broadway Mall Association - www.broadwaymall.org
NYC & Company (NYC's official tourism site) - www.nycgo.com
NYC Business Express - www.nyc.gov/BusinessExpress
NYC Business Express is the one-stop online tool for the license, permit, tax, incentive information and applications you need, for any business in NYC. The NYC Business Express Incentives Estimator can even provide a customized list of city, state, and federal incentives for which your business may qualify.